Thursday, November 10, 2011

Why Nappibutterfli??!!??


Throughout my life Ive experienced many things (I'll share more later), in the process I found that I identified myself with butterflies.  Im sure some are wondering, "Why does she call herself a Nappibutterfli?" Well I’m glad you asked, because I have an answer!!!

When I think butterfly, in the beginning I see a creature (Caterpillar) that’s undefined, purposeless, boring and maybe even unattractive to others. Once it starts to develop, the attraction, stance, and meaning begins to change. Curiosity and maybe confusion then takes place from the surroundings. People began to wonder, "OMG, Where did that pretty, colorful butterfly come from". The butterfly chooses to sit around and be adored by others, or fly away to another location. However, eventually it will fly away. As butterflies fly away, people notice the grace, strength and beauty within them. But the key is "It flew away, looking the same as it did upon arrival". The same butterfly that was once looked as boring, dull or unattractive is now being adored and praised. Butterflies remain strong throughout their "journey" because they know the ultimate result and intent of the initial strife.
When choosing to go natural, I was all around confused. I felt the need to wither away, within myself. I told myself, "If you act like you like it, others will like it too". UMM, not the case. I encountered all type of reactions, those that liked, loved or even hated my hair. Throughout my journey, I had to learn how to grow a strong base. I learned that if I’m weak on the inside, those around me would see the shame and doubt that I carried. Learning to accept myself for who I am, truly strengthen my all around notion. Only I knew my intent for the decision that was made. So today no matter the reaction I receive from others, I know that when I walk away, its with confidence and strength because I appreciate what and who I am on the inside. Also thinking about the butterfly effect, which is when a small change can lead to a different outcome.  Because of the small change I made within myself, I now have a HUGE outcome. Which is totally CONFIDENCE of who I am regardless of my surroundings!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment