Thursday, December 29, 2011

New Year, New Me! Really?



With a New Year coming upon us, OMG, time out, it's kinda scary to know that 12 months have flew by....BUT back to what I was saying...This is the last week of 2011. I could sit here go on ranting and raving about everything that went wrong in my life, BUT Im not….Through all the losses I had, I gained double for my trouble. I learned SO many things about myself this year that has helped shape and mold me into the individual that I am today. My confidence grew stronger and my smile got wider. Its nothing like smiling so hard on the outside, that you feel it on the inside. Those that have experienced this should be able to relate.
 
Often time things can be so bad for us that we want to just wither away and cry our souls out….Now will that really help our situation? No, it will help lessen the tension for that moment, but the reality is the problem still exists. Sometimes we are the sole cause of the stressors in our life. Many believe “God won’t put more on me than I can bear” , So my question to you is “Why do you put more on you than you can bear” When things go wrong in our lives, we are quick to tell others “Im not perfect, Im expected to make mistakes”  However, we try living a life of perfection. The more we know about ourselves, the more we are helping ourselves. Im speaking from experience.

New Years Resolution? Are they obtainable? Only you can make that judgment. However, I will not go into a new year with material and physical goals…Instead I want to work on my inner self.  If we feel good on the inside, it will show on the outside. I intend to continue working on patience, relaxing and enjoying life for the many ventures I will encounter!

So am I going into the New Year saying “New Year, New Me?” No, Instead Im saying New Year, Stronger Me. I don’t need a New Me, to be stronger…I just need to work on building the strength within who I am now!! My hopes are that in 2012, we go in with realistic expectations of life, obstacles and a better understanding of our selves.   

~Nappibutterfli~

2 comments:

  1. Im routing for you on that one!.. totally agree... 'new year stronger me!' nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post Quaila! For the last few years, I have been intentional on spending time before the New Year really reflecting on who I am at the core, and the "resolutions" I have made have really been more like life rules that guide my life. Generally, these end up being thoughts that affect the inner me so I just love how you have worded this post. People can take so much from thinking on things like this!

    ReplyDelete