Monday, January 2, 2012

Natural Hair Bun: Using Tuck & Pin Method


As you all know, I struggle with protective styles. For some reason, I just LOVE wearing my hair big. I decided to challenge myself; by wearing, the ends tucked away more for a month (Got to start small)! Last night I washed my hair using WEN, and then I twisted it. Put my satin bonnet on, and went to sleep. I woke up this morning and my twist looked a HOT MESS(IMO). Not as fresh as the night before.

After starring at my hair in the mirror for 10 minutes in disbelief, preparing my mind for a bad hair day, I decided to take a deep breath and figured something else out. I unraveled the twist, brushed out the curls and prepared my hair for a puff. I then used my tuck and pin method for a secure bun! 

Its similar to the cinnabon, but not as many knots. This style took less than 5 minutes and I can wear it for a few days without much manipulation. I plan to play with it by wearing flowers, hair scarves/wraps, and other accessories. 






 

~Nappibutterfli~

4 comments:

  1. Hey....this is Ana! I think i can do this.....will try this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Qualia, this is Starla. I might give your bun method a try. I've been natural 18mnths and have never worn a protective style -first time for everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ana, I know you can do it....

    Starla, I say give one a try..You might like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you were able to get your 'bad hair day' in order! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete